It looks like there is such beautiful light in this room, later in the day at least. This is the afternoon sun shining in from the living room, and flowers from Valentine's Day.
The dining room has no windows, and is located in a typical way for the houses built at this time, in a pathway to everywhere. If you have a room like that, the best thing to do is decorate in a way that you can love it anyway. The feeling is comfort, breakfast or holiday dinners, it isn't too fussy.
Things that changed in this room since the last redecorating adventure.
* Painted the ceiling green, we added the molding last time.
* New wall colors taken from the rug, purchased on Ebay. One of my favorites we have found.
* The walls were painted a medium, rich golden pumpkin and then glazed with two shades of lighter ochre golds.
* The living room silk drapes were moved in here and I changed the attached valance using the same green toile that is on the chairs.
* The chairs were reupholstered in the lime/light olivey green toile and a solid of the same green. The end chairs are skirted and are upholstered on the backs, front and back sides.
* The dining table and chairs are the same ones from Thomasville that I purchased over 20 years ago.
* We also installed new molding at the entry to the dining room, and the molding around the French doors mimics that. I haven't taken any new picutres of that side yet.
Still a couple of things to do in here, but mostly it is done!