Monday, May 28, 2007

~ Monday, Corners ~ Outside

We worked a lot this weekend making a new flower bed out front. We got one side done for now and will need a few days to do the rest on the other side of the walkway. No new pictures of it today, because I didn't think of pictures, just getting a bath was more important.
There are big plans for the backyard. I'm not sure when that will happen, but soon I hope. I keep procrastinating, but that might be a good thing. There are some new ideas that keep coming along that might be nice to use out there.
Sometimes we think we need lots of money to have a special place in the yard for those garden fun chores. We took a simple wood structure and added some embellishments. It does not look like that now. Everything is torn up out there waiting for me to get a move on and finish the plans. It was a little sad seeing this picture from when my sweet husband worked so hard to make this into a potting area for me. I think we need something different now and it needs to be rebuilt so it will have fresh wood to last for the next 30 or so years.
But it will remind me that a little imagination and lot of sweat can go a long way.
I'm happy you enjoyed the pictures from Mt. Dora. I've got some more from a booth that is all cottage and shabby that I'll post later. I think you'll find them fun, too.

9 comments:

  1. Hope you aren't too tired from working in the garden today. I love working in mine. I hope it all turns out, how you are wanting it to.
    I love your blog.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely place to putter around in! Can't wait to see what you come up with to replace it!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a pretty spot and I totally agree with you about it not costing a lot to create beauty if you use a little elbow grease and your imagination. Inspiration from looking at other's blog's helps too, you are very inspiring. I'm looking forward to seeing your corner when you finish with the remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to work in your garden!

    God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, I enjoyed this post and the Mt Dora post...would love to visit there!

    Today, I posted about our holiday at the lake. You will find a couple of recent photos of Miss Gabi and her baby brother Drew, there.

    Pat
    Back Porch Musings

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an adorable area! I can't wait to see what you will do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is lovely---you all did a great job with it. I can't wait to see what has changed. You two are so creative and talented, and I get a lot of inspiration from you.

    I can't wait to see that booth, too! I had to laugh about your comment regarding taking pictures...I never did often either, until now. My sons were laughing at me taking photos of *their food*---that was the height of absurdity for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful place to sit and have a glass of sweet tea after a little gardening. (Sounds much better than Yard Work!)
    Thanks for taking me along to Mt Dora.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a magical place, you are so inventive.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna