Friday, October 26, 2007

~Your Tears Are My Prayers, Create Beauty

There are no words to describe the heavy heart so many of us have seeing what has happen to our friends in California. Within a few years the scorched Earth will be more beautiful than ever from all the ash. But the loss of lives cannot be replaced. One of the most beautiful group of words I've ever heard or read is in Liz Gilbert's book Eat, Pray, Love, the Italian phrase "Your Tears Are My Prayers." I was surprised that words could so accurately describe how you feel someone else's pain.


Create Beauty, Everyday.... Each day we have the choice of which door to enter through. I love doors, windows and gates, they almost always lead to somewhere.

This is a fabulous photographer that I believe Creates Beauty in the World,
Leah, of Mia Bella Vita. Her photos will warm your heart.

Have a Safe and Happy Weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post!

    Thankfully I found out Jennifer's
    house didn't burn down a moment ago, but she has two friends, who's houses did.

    And, yes their tears are my prayers too.

    Most sincerely,
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so Very Sweet to say such kind words. I must say, Being in S. Cali has its benefits and its Very Negatives. Fires being One of them next would be Earthquakes. My heart goes out to all the People who lost there homes. I Did not loose a thing just gained some dirt and ash.. We just dont know how Lucky we are until something like this happens. Thank you for stopping in to my Blog. I Adore yours and visit often. Your work is truely Amazing, I love your Etsy shop too. Have a wonderful weekend. Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. karin (creativechaos)October 27, 2007 at 1:56 AM

    Thank you! It's been quite a week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photography, beautiful sentiment, Donna. You have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully said!!!! I too love doors and windows and never thought of it in the way you stated:D My heart goes out to those in Calif. and I only wish I could help in some small way! If you hear of any auctions for help....please let me know....Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have same idea about doors,some doors lead us to other doors,which door is mine which is yours!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful thoughts...love the doorway...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful thoughts, wonderful words, very true sentiments!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the doorway, and the beautifully touching thoughts for everyone suffering in their own ways due to the devastation in California.

    xo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a big fan of Gilbert's book and of doors and arched windows and gates. I take photos of same whenever I see them.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna