Tuesday, January 22, 2008

~The Winner is Banana Muffins! And .....

Come on in, I have some fresh Banana Muffins right out of the oven. And this recipe is a winner! Coffee? Sure, I'll pour you a cup. Mine is half cocoa and half decaf. I drink it for the taste not the caffeine.
RECIPE click HERE. (Not on Country Living site, but it's the same recipe.)



The Winner is.... #16 who wrote:
RHODA said... Oh, oh, count me in! Maybe I'll finally win one of your beautiful creations!Rhoda

I had to have the accountants double check the results on this drawing. After all I've known Rhoda about the longest of anyone in BlogLand. We have been friends for several years, hard to believe it's been so long. But I'm really happy that you won Rhoda. I know this will look exceptionally well with your colors.

Can you believe how long these white roses have lasted? As I said I don't buy fresh too much any more because I can buy a live plant will last for months and fresh is gone in just a few days. The white roses have made me rethink about buying them more often. I have enjoyed them so much.

The recipe for the banana muffins is from Country Living Magazine. They published it about a year ago, and our friend Sarah/Sally cooked some up and shared the recipe. They were a huge hit in my house where they even win out over banana bread. I made the with organic sugars and spelt flour with half organic unbleached. They still were perfect. And of course the organic butter has less fat...right? OK.....so that was just pretend.

If you haven't looked lately, both BJ's and Costco's are carrying more organic products, milk, butter, sometimes eggs, coffee, salad greens, hummus, and organic whole chickens, to name just a few things.
(Yes, those are the same white roses! Amazing how long they have lasted. I'll have to rethink not buying them because they don't last long enough.)

It was so sweet of all you to stop by and leave a note.
I hope you have a Great Day!

12 comments:

  1. oh YAY!! I can't believe I won something from you, Donna. I'm excited. I know it will be so pretty & I'll have to find just the right spot for it. thank you!
    I'll send my address again.

    You can pick out the one you think would look best in my house.
    We sure have known each other a long time now, haven't we?! I will have to go back & copy that muffin recipe. It looks delish!

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my dear! I love that photograph... just awesome... specially those white roses... everything is just perfect!

    Have a pretty day!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winner !

    I just made a copy of the muffin recipe, thank you !! I have some bananas in the freezer that I was going to use to make bread...think I will make these for a change. I am in a cooking mood...so thanks again..

    Take care,
    kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Rhoda...you deserve it! PS The muffins look delicious...now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Rhoda!!! One of the nicest people in blogland!!
    Banana muffins sound really good.
    You have a great day too!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea Rhoda!!!! :-)
    And now I am really craving those muffins Donna! Great photo too!!!
    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Rhoda!

    Donna, that photo is beautiful. The roses are amazing!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I had to smile at the accountants double checking! Yippie for Rhoda, I'm so glad she won! The roses are beautiful!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! Rhoda is a wonderful winner! The banana muffins look great! If I didn't have strep right now, I'd step on over and have one with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Rhoda! Lucky gal! The banana muffins look great...I make a lot of banana bread but never muffins! Hope to make some soon...
    *Heidi*

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's IT! The fix is in! LOL! Just kidding...hee...congrats, Rho....maybe I'll "randomly" win next time. *Snort!* Hee...I kill me. No, seriously...congrats. I've known Donna a little while too (HOW many years?!)...sooner or later the odds have to tilt in my favor, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Rhoda!

    Those muffins look soooooo good. My husband got me the most beautiful Ivory colored roses with pink centers at Christmas. I couldn't believe that they last 3 weeks! I even tried a few. Maybe cutting the stems once a week helped?

    ~elaine~

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...