Thursday, July 1, 2010

~ Decorating The Bedroom, Blue & Yellow And.....

There's a reason that the combination of blue and yellow never goes out of style. It's simply beautiful. I love seeing it in other homes, even though I don't use it myself. It is lovely treat when to see it used skillfully in someone's home.

I have a love for bed crowns/coronas. This one is a beauty, but might be a bit ornate for me these days.

Since I have a window behind my bed, I'm thinking that would work extremely well. And it reflects other moldings and trims in the house.


And, then there is a simple neutral palette.

Our bedroom used to have the colors above. It was the same for a few years, then I got that itch for change, and the room was redone in golds and white. Now this previous color scheme looks very inviting all over again. It might be another year before I get around to redoing the bedroom. My to-do list is very, very long. Maybe after the dust settles in the backyard.

(All pictures are sourced from older Horchow sales information. )

See Y'All Soon~

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love the blue and yellow and I don't use it either....maybe one of these days....

    Each of these rooms are beautiful and serene.

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the blue and yellow together. Elegant and country all in one. Love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bedroom pictures on Horchow. To bad i can't afford any bedding from there. But great inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crushn' over the neutral room ....sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great pictures, Donna! I love the bedding in all of them. I have to say in recent years, I am personally drawn to more subdued palettes like the last picture. I love a brown and cream toile or transferware pattern and think that carries over to a room's scheme very well.

    I have a spare bedroom that is blue and yellow ~ toile drapes at the window. If I could get it picture worthy, I'd definitely post about it as I love this small room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the neutral color scheme. All are beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna these are delightful photos. Every single one of them! I was just talking to a dear friend last night about draping fabric with a crown above the bed in the bedroom of he and has wife. Yellow and blue were used in one of our guest rooms which is now being changed into a work/craft space. Seeing this photo makes me regret already priming a yellow wall. I forgot to take photos of the before but it was nothing as beautiful as this picture.

    The second photo is the color palette for our Master only with dark wood. I have a love/hate relationship with dark wood vs. white distressed.

    And the third....I love the clean cool earthy tones. This would be lovely for a B & B.

    I've always loved your posts! You find the most fabulous photos:)

    Blessings,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna these are delightful photos. Every single one of them! I was just talking to a dear friend last night about draping fabric with a crown above the bed in the bedroom of he and has wife. Yellow and blue were used in one of our guest rooms which is now being changed into a work/craft space. Seeing this photo makes me regret already priming a yellow wall. I forgot to take photos of the before but it was nothing as beautiful as this picture.

    The second photo is the color palette for our Master only with dark wood. I have a love/hate relationship with dark wood vs. white distressed.

    And the third....I love the clean cool earthy tones. This would be lovely for a B & B.

    I've always loved your posts! You find the most fabulous photos:)

    Blessings,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. My master bedroom and bath are decorate din that same blue and yellow toile---fabric and wallpaper. I've had it for 10 years and never get tired of it. It makes me happy every day.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna