Thursday, October 7, 2010

~ Halloween Past Decorating


A couple of years ago I used black and white damask for decorating during Halloween time. You could make a cute "hat" like this for your pumpkin simply by making a cone, decorating it and adding a round collar at the top then turn it upside down!

The candle beside the pumpkin was just covered with damask paper as well. Then some cotton ribbon was glued around the edge. I think this was a real candle, but it would be a fun project for a battery operated one, too.

We've been planting and digging in the front yard with have a little break from the 90* weather. So my decorations are still put away. Tomorrow... I hope, will be a good day to get them out and do some decorating!



See Y'all Soon~

 ................................................................................
Click on any of the pictures below to shop  art from The Decorated House 

8 comments:

  1. The hat and candle are both wonderful. Love the pretty paper. The hat is so clever. Great idea. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore the hat idea! xoxoxo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that hat, Donna! What a great idea to dress up a plain pumpkin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I love your blog and I love what you've done for Fall decorating. Love the black and white theme and also love how you painted faux pumpkins black. How great of an idea! I'll be back to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave to still be digging in that heat...Bless your heart! Your yard will be such a wonderful thing to enjoy, after all the blood, sweat and probably tears!

    I love your pumpkin in the hat! Since reading your last post, I was on the lookout for little pumpkins. Just today I found 4 really ugly small clay pumpkins at an antique shop, brought them home and spray painted them Dover White, then repainted their little stems. They turned our really cute, you inspired me so much, thanks!

    I will have to try making the cone/hat, that looks like a fun project.

    Have a really wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really cute! I have to dig my stuff out when I get home from traveling. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love damask patterns so this is right up my alley! What a great idea!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love these decorating ideas--cute and tasteful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna