Sunday, January 2, 2011

~ Happy New Year 2011

~ Inspire Me ~
Oh, I love that color!

Do you make resolutions? I really don't, but it is a very good time to be a bit retrospective and think about what you would like to create in the new year.
This beautiful color, turquoise, found a place in my home this year. Just a touch, but I still love it. Wonder if it will be here by the end of the year, more or less. I wonder.

Oh where oh where is this darling,
little bird nest?
I don't know. I can't find it.

This special bird nest has been a part of my holiday decorating for about 10 years. Sweet Hubby found it in the Christmas tree way back then, and over the years it has been a decoration in the tree, or some where else in the later years as it became more fragile. It has to be here... some where.

I must get more organized! And there is still too much "stuff" that needs to be sifted through, stored properly or given away. I'll celebrate the little progress that I made this year in that direction, but give a gentle push to keep going.


Pray For Peace.
Be The Change You
Want The World
To Be.


I finally found the perfect shadow box for my sweet trio of heart stones from the sea that we collected on vacation. Of course once the box was found, I had no idea where the heart stones were. But they are both in plain view and ready to go.

This is one of the smallest things that I need to get done in the coming year. My list of projects that really need to be done is quite long. But I think I'm kind of looking forward to it. I think.

Wishing You
The Happiest of New Year!
Donna

6 comments:

  1. I love the touch of turquoise too. As for the birdnest, I am hunting for some things that I put away and cannot find anywhere. I think some of these things just disappear. lol The heart stones are fabulous. Love them. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Donna,

    Happy New Year to you too...I don't make resolutions...I don't know many or any that keep them...I just try to be a good citizen...most of the time I think I do a pretty good job :)

    All the best,

    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna- I love that turquoise color too...and ADORE those heart shaped stones! They are perfect! hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I adore that color too, I'm certain it will find it's way into my home this Spring :) Xoxoxo 1942charm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue jars at the top of this post! They're so pretty, and they'll go well with any room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A touch of turquoise is always a good idea!
    I love your vignettes...and icking up heart shaped stones. Nothing is more beautiful than Mother's Nature's objects!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...