Thursday, January 20, 2011

~ One Shelf At A Time


Some how "stuff" manages to wander in, probably along with the dust bunnies. It gets frustrating when I'm trying to get something done, but it depends on another thing being addressed first. Too much stuff. I'm going through drawers, boxes, closets... and shelves. Thanks to the crazy programs on TV, I know my pack rat case is mild, and not incurable. And I am determined.

The last month was spent getting new heating-air conditioning systems for our home, and at Sweet Daughter's home, too. Then I talked her into getting an upgrade in insulation and duct repair while she could get a rebate on it. Now she's quite done with me spending her money for her. I bet she will be happier when her electric bills are lower this summer.

That done, it was finally time to finish painting the living room and dining room. Next I hope to tackle each room, one by one. De-clutter, and get rid of stuff. One room, one closet, and one shelf at a time. Even though the shelf above with the antique French books is just fine. :)

See Y'All Soon~
Donna

5 comments:

  1. I see you have been a busy girl. Don't you love spending other people's money for them?;>) Too bad it wasn't on FUN things you could actually SEE, huh? Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Donna! Keep us posted on how the decluttering goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when you finish at your house, you can come and do the same thing at mine! :-) You know, since you'll be really good at it by then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are keeping the old books! Ahhh yes, nothing better than decluttering!

    xo
    becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the de-cluttering this year as well. My plan is just like yours. Each room, one by one, each drawer, each closet, each shelf - one by one. Only I gave myseld a goal to get this accomplished by the end of the year. Let's catch up in December and see what we accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...