This has been one of my most popular post and
it seems a great time to re-post it so others can see
how easy it was to re-create this charming pillow.
It will be out for this year too! I love how it turned out.
After pining the Pottery Barn Wreath Pillow for awhile, I saw there had been a few copycat knock-offs. None where quite what I was looking for. Even the Pottery Barn version was the reverse of the colors I went with.
At first it seem a more simple solution just to buy the one at Pottery Barn, and it was very pretty with the white background and greige leaves as you can see from the picture below. But it wasn't the combination that I really wanted and the pillow was also smaller than the size I needed.
What was more appealing for my decorating was to have greige cotton/linen background and white leaves and berries. The one I made which is pictured next, is the color scheme I wanted. It is a 16 inch square and of course you can make it larger or smaller to your own liking.
I spent more time running around trying to find the leaves pre-cut than it took to just cut them and make the pillow. And while I was out hunting, I didn't realize at first that I wanted white leaves, so it was good I never found any. Afterwards I did see pre-cut leaves for sale. But since I have no patience, I wouldn't have waited for them to arrive anyway.
If you were thinking that pillow looked pretty simple to make, you were right! Give it a try. I like that my leaves are a bit larger/thicker. But you can make them however you like. One of the things you'll notice on the Pottery Barn version is that there is a stitch down the center for a vein look. The only thing I might do differently is to choose a beige colored thread so that the veins show up a little more. But it is one of things that really makes the pillow look great. I'm very happy with it and it was made from simple unbleached cotton linen cotton, and a couple of 35 cent squares of white felt for the leaves.
** Tip: Do not use hot glue to attach the leaves and pom poms. Hot glue dries hard, makes a stringy mess while gluing this many things, and it's really easy to burn you fingers with little pom poms. :) There are several different brands of Fabric Glue made just for a project such as this.
See Y'All Soon~