Monday, December 5, 2011

~ Christmas Beads & Baubles



I have been quite determined to do the Christmas decorating slowly this year and enjoy the process and each day. So instead of waiting and posting lots of pictures all at once, I'm showing little bits at a time. We bought the tree early this year, and just brought it home and let it soak up the water with no need to hurry the decorating. The fun part of that was that I love seeing the simple green tree with just the white lights. It stayed that way for a few days before the ornaments were added.

The small mercury glass ornaments mimic the large globe mercury glass and silver ones on the tree. My favorite string of beads has been a part of Christmas decorating for about 10 years maybe. It has been used in different ways, but winds up on the mantel more often than anywhere else.

A few fresh greens are added in with the faux snow covered greenery. In years past when I used all fresh, it was such a mess to clean up the needles in the end, I try not to use a lot of them anymore. But they sure add a lovely touch even with just a few sprigs.

I still have a few things to get done, after all it's only the 5th day of the month. Since I am easily distracted going through old boxes of stuff, going slowly isn't a problem.
Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments as you share Christmas with me.

See Y'All Soon~
Donna

2 comments:

  1. Your beaded garland is gorgeous, Donna! I just wound up using beaded garland that I found in the bottom of one of my containers {really forgot I had it at all}. I think if I like the beaded garland on the mantel through to Christmas, I may look for a nicer one at the after Christmas sales for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna