Sunday, January 28, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
His regular job now leaves little time to paint. His paintings won lots of awards at juried art shows, and I loved seeing the reaction of people to them. They always drew special people in for a closer look with a desire to give them a good home, even if they couldn't buy one.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Saturday, January 20, 2007
It was a fantastic and beautiful day. We went to the Farmer's Market and although the French Bakery booth was out of eclairs, they had other chocolate goodies. Yum! It was a perfect day to ride bikes and watch a movie and make some mac & cheese. Life is good. When I came by here, I saw that my good friend Kim, DAISY COTTAGE had tagged me.
Here were the rules: The Tag Game:
Each player of this game starts with 6 weird things about you. Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to that it means.
Am I the only one who can't think of 6 weird things about themselves? I had to ask for help. But my family was able to come up with a few.
1. I mute all commercials on TV. No, it doesn't matter if someone else is watching with me.
2. My ring finger is longer than my index finger on both hands, the right hand more so. Studies are being done concerning this. :)
3. I called Chick Fil-A, Chick a Fil for years. It made perfect sense to me.
4. When redoing my closet, and arranging all clothes so they were arranged by color, I bought all new matching white hangers. But I didn't like them and gave them away so I could replace them with all black. (I still don't think this is odd!)
5. I measure or use a level on just about anything. Now that is just normal.
6. Bridges bug me. I'd rather not drive over them. I am tagging Kim's sis JillysWillsy because I love to read her writings, and Pauline who has the most beautiful pictures and talent inside and outside. I'm really new in Blogsville, and don't know anyone else to tag. So two very good ones will have to do. Hope you all had a great day.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Tip for the day: Bromeliads and orchids last quite a while in bloom if they have some nice light. They require very little attention. I put some river rocks and orchid bark around the potted bromeliad in bloom, then I added some others from the yard which were not blooming, to fill in. The bromeliad needs water placed in the cup formed by the top leaves. Be careful not to overwater either plant since it will kill them, both need to drain completely.
Last I added sheet moss to the top after using "Design Master" green spray paint to get a nice spring green color. This can be found at any craft store.
DAISY COTTAGE for the push to check inside the store!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
The living room was repainted last year. It is still a simliar mix of colors, so no big change. The entry table is the same, but with a new top. After looking for a new iron & marble entry table, I wasn't finding anything much different than what I already had, except mine had a wood top. However, I had a black marble top in the guest room. So I just switched them out.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
I was looking for some pictures of things we have done last, and came across this of one of the orchid from a few months back. I love orchids. There is a bromeliad doing quite well in this spot now. I'll have to snap a pic of it too. Just in case I forget what the heck was on this chest in Jan. :)
Monday, January 8, 2007
(The MLS picture from way back when. It looks lonely to me now, obviously waiting for us. )
The front porch area with gable added early in the remodeling.