Thursday, June 19, 2008

~ An Omelet In My Living Room

A couple of years ago after a more major illness and surgery, I totally stopped caring about impressing anyone. Before I used to say, I'll get this place so sparkling clean my mother could walk in the door at anytime. Now I couldn't care less. Even if it was my mother, who likes it spotless, she would just have to see mess or dust bunnies. However, the opposite has happened after this little slow down....

Oh I still don't care to impress a soul, BUT I am crazy about not wanting one ounce of clutter. I had thought about it before and made some feeble attempts, but look out dust bunnies. I'm coming for ya'!

However, the art I love creates so much clutter while I'm creating it! I've always known that. Guess what...it's true you have to break eggs to make an omelet. And the one I made last night was delicious. Whoops off subject. That contributes to the clutter, too. Anyway, in order to get things organized I now have given away the sofa and table that was in the living room to Sweet Daughter and can you guess what I replaced it with? The biggest mess you have ever seen. :) I am going through every single box and bag of supplies and organizing and tossing out. I LOVE taking bags to Goodwill, but that was mostly clothes and that's done. Now it's time for tossing out what will not be used. It feels great! Not looking at the mess, but getting it organized. I can actually find the papers, crystals and skeleton keys. Other things I still can't find, but I'm getting there. Then some days I think I'll just get rid of all of it. Right now it does look like someone was cooking up something in the living and they had to break some "eggs" to do it.

To keep it light and not feel like too much work, I took Oprah's advice and I'm reading her latest book choice, "Pillars of the Earth" and doing a little art, too.


This one has been in my mind for a while and I'm so happy to get it done.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
If you or loved ones are in the bad weather,
we are all thinking of you and praying for you!

7 comments:

  1. I admire you for tossing out the old stuff. It's something I need to do. Like, do I really need the shoes I got married in 17 years ago and only wore the one time?

    Garbage day is Tuesday. I need to make closet cleaning happen before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this years ago after I was done fighting my Breast Cancer, I really don't have a lot of things(stuff) to post about, as in prettys, I try to spend my time giving and sharing with others, I love your home tour of the Neighborhood! Xo Diana Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Gabilicious came for a visit last Thursday. She returned to mommy, daddy and Drew, this afternoon. So I am catching up on my blogs.

    I've been doing a bit of decluttering also, Donna. Feels good.

    You've created another fabulous piece of Art!
    Have a wonderful week.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels great dosen't it to get rid of all the "stuff".

    It seems to multiply overnight sometimes or is it just me !1

    Kathy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such a hard time getting rid of things ~ might need it some day but have gotten so much better over the last few years.
    Love the piece you made!
    Hope you have an outstanding week.
    Blessings,
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to get rid of the clutter.
    Love your new piece!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your daughter's new home is very pretty, Donna! And what a nice variety of homes you have in the area.

    It feels so good to purge, doesn't it? At least your art mess is all "good" clutter!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna