Wednesday, March 14, 2012

~ Rocking the Paint Brush & Another Flower

How To Make a Fabric Flower Rosette ~ The Decorated House. So easy, step by step instructions.
A friend asked me to show her how to make a flower like the previous one here, only in a two tone look. It's very simple. You begin
with two different pieces of fabric, and then just do the same twist and roll as in the other rosette. In this case the linen fabric is twice as wide because it is folded in half. When it is folded it is then the same width as the white felt. Before you begin to make the rosette, you want the two fabrics to be the same width. The length doesn't matter as much because you can cut off whichever one ends up being longer.

How To Make a Fabric Flower Rosette ~ The Decorated House. So easy, step by step instructions.
The rosette is stitched or glued to the bottom layers. Again you can add a lovely button or rhinestone to the top if you like. Hope you have fun creating some of these for yourself.

We are painting up a storm around here. Hubby is outside painting the house and trim. What a job! Thankfully he is about done. Just in time to start gardening. I have walls to paint and a few furniture pieces and other things to do inside. Yes, I got the easier job. I know. :)

See Y'All Soon~
Donna


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I need to try this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those wonderful flowers from before, Donna. I hope you show us some pics of the house when it is painted. My hubby has never painted a lick in his life-at least not that I can remember. If your guy is looking for another job-send him this way. No wages but I AM a good cook!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Donna! Who would think that twisting fabric could produce something so pretty. I love the two-tone look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric flowers. Different and creative never saw it before. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing how to make them! Love the two tone...I will be making some!


    Lou cinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This flower is so beautiful! I am going to try and make one of these myself soon! If only it will turn out half as pretty! :)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could figure out how you made the ruffle on the bottom of the rosette?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jamie, it is just a piece of the same cotton fabric used in the flower, with a loose basting stitch (by hand if you don't use a sewing machine.) Then unravel the edge of the fabric, and pull the basting stitch tighter to make a circle.
    You can see all the parts of the flower in this post: http://thedecoratedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-make-fabric-flowers-continued.html

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna