Friday, April 29, 2011

~ Gardening ... I'm Done.... Really ....


Semi-shade. Morning sun only.

The heat is setting in and keeping everything watered enough is takes time. The mister irrigation is up and running in the front yard, but needs a good amount of tweaking. Rain was predicted, but seeing what has happened in the states hit by tornadoes certainly makes it silly to complain that the rain didn't come further south. My heart and prayers go out to those who are suffering from the after effects of such terrible weather.

I was thinking that I could resist making another trip to any place where plants and flowers know my name and call out to me with enticements of how well they promise to flower for me. With very little work on my part they always say. But I was being strong. Three days without buying a single flower!

Then I found this picture while looking at my past color combinations to refresh my mind of what I might like. I had already bought the purple Persian shield during the last trip, so I only needed just a few others to go with it. Actually I did very well, only about 6 one gallon size lovelies jumped in the truck. That's no bad at all. ;)

So done for today. And I'll try some will power the next time I have the urge for more flowers.

Happy Weekend
Donna

6 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful and fills in very nicely, Donna! I'm heading out tomorrow to get some pansies and maybe some English daisies. I usually wait until Mother's Day weekend what with the frost, but I'm chomping at the bit here! Especially with weeding the beds, I'm noticing that some color would be welcome right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh everything looks so beautiful. All of my things are so tiny, I just wishing them to grow faster. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix of purple leaves in with the greens. Just beautiful. I can't wait until our weather in NY gets warm enough, to start really digging in the dirt. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Donna-beautiful! For me the garden store is just a dangerous place to visit! It's like there is a witch that casts a spell on me to buy-buy-buy and plant-plant-plant. Wicked old thing! xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty combinations, you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your decorating blog and love all your decorating pics. Your gardens are beautiful..Persian Shield and Brunnera Jack Frost are going on my wish list in 2012.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna