Tuesday, May 21, 2013

~ How To Make a Fabric Flower ~ Rosette Step 1

How To Make a Fabric Flower Rosette ~ The Decorated House. So easy, step by step instructions.
How to Make A Rosette Fabric Flower.
.....................
While I am busy working on some projects around the house, I hope you
enjoy some of the favorite tutorials and makeovers chosen
by the readers of The Decorated House.
......................

After posting my Valentine's Day Pillow, several people asked how to make the flowers. So here is a little tutorial for the basics and some different variations with step one: The Rosette.


How To Make a Fabric Flower Rosette ~ The Decorated House. So easy, step by step instructions.
After you cut a strip of fabric, fold it in half lengthwise.
Then fold and roll the edge under.
Put a tab of hot glue or fabric glue to keep it in place.
(Continue to Directions at link below)



If you want a "fat round" middle
then you can tie a knot instead of just folding
it like I am doing here.
I tie a knot when I'm using ribbon.

(Some people do not fold their fabric.
I like it folded for some extra petals
as you twist and roll it.)

Now fold the long strip away from you.
This the length of fabric that you will be folding
and rolling away from you and around
the center to make the flower.

I fold mine like this, but some people
fold it towards them. Either way if fine.
Just keep doing the fold in the direction you start with.

How To Make a Fabric Flower Rosette ~ The Decorated House. So easy, step by step instructions.
You will get your own rhythm to the twist and turn.
If you don't want points sticking out where the fabric turns,
then make the roll and twist more narrow, and pull
it towards the flower to smooth it out.
You'll see this as you go along.

Add a little bit of hot glue as you go along.


How To Make a Fabric Flower Rosette ~ The Decorated House. So easy, step by step instructions.
As you twist and roll, it gets bigger, and it can be whatever size you want.
The length of the fabric will determine the size for your rosette.

How To Make a Fabric Flower Rosette ~ The Decorated House. So easy, step by step instructions.

When you make it the size you want, tuck the end under and glue it. You can cut a small circle of fabric ( I like felt because it won't unravel) and glue the rosette to the circle.
It's a nice finishing touch.

As you can see it is very simple,
and each one is kind of unique according to how you twist and turn.
Tighter pulling and twisting makes them have tighter smaller petals,
while looser twisting and rolling will give you larger petals.

This is the Rosette ready to use alone or with other elements.
Next we will look at how to finish it as the first one at the top,
and then some other versions for you to try!

~
See Y'all Soon
~ Donna

 ................................................................................

Click on the pictures below to visit The Decorated House Shop!


12 comments:

  1. Thank you I have been wondering how to make these. Off to find some fabric now to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this lovely instructions on making the flowers. I am going to try this ASAP...kind of you to share.

    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love fabric roses! I can't wait to try it.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent tutorial, thank you. Julia C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower.. tutorial is awesome too.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I wanted to thank you for making this tutorial, and also I want you to know that I made some fabric flowers by using your tutorial, I just uploaded them to my blog. I'll give you the link to my post if you want to see them:
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/2013/05/lets-do-some-fabric-flowers.html
    On my post I've added a link to your blog, so my readers will know that they were made with your tutorial. Thanks again!!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Afternoon Donna, I have popped by to visit you as you were recommended by Marisa at Passion et Couture.
    I am so pleased she did as these flowers are so lovely. I love the use of fabric and lace.... Just so beautiful.
    I am going to follow your tutorial and make a fabric flower.
    I have really enjoyed my visit and I have become a new follower. I am looking forward to catching up on your other posts.
    I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! The front door will always be open to you.
    Best Wishes from England,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for making this tutorial!! I have always wanted to learn how to make these!! They are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial, but now I am dying to try to make the first rose at the top of the page. You said you have links for that rose, and some others to try, but there are no links to that tutorial, and a search of your blog doesn't show them either. Have these tutorials been removed? I really hope not, as I was wanting to try to make the first one. Would you consider restoring these posts? Thanks so much for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vanessa, The tutorial is here: https://thedecoratedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-make-fabric-flowers-continued.html
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna