Friday, October 16, 2020

~ Halloween Decor :: Vintage & Elegant :: Black & White with Mercury Glass :: Entry Table 2013

Entry ~ Halloween 2013

The entry table is another favorite place to decorate for the holidays.  I shared photos highlighting some of the different elements that are shown here in  previous posts that can bee seen by clicking here:  Details of My Velvet Pumpkin The Monogram Pumpkin with Paper Butterflies

The Mercury glass pumpkins and gourds are a really wonderful addition to Fall and Halloween since they add a touch of elegance and reflective light. And if you have come by in years past, you know those little silver crowns get used as often as possible when a little bit of silver is sure to add a sparkle.


The foyer table is black marble and has a simple burlap runner on the top for  texture and feeling of Fall. To complement the other black elements, there is  a tall black urn holding one of the painted white pumpkins. The pumpkins were painted a couple of years ago with ASCP and simple white paint as well. The pumpkin on the antique books and the one on the vintage silver piece are both velvet pumpkins which are newly made this year. I showed how I made mine HERE.  The small black pumpkin is a faux pumpkin that was painted a few years ago with spray paint. Look for the kind that will work on plastic, like Fusion and Universal. Both will give you nice coverage. Of course if you have some black Chalk Paint it will work too.


 Ravens wear collars, and the spiders wear glitter.

 

Antique books and a garden urn with a Mercury glass gourd on top,
with a Mercury glass pumpkin sitting on a black and white pinwheel made of wired ribbon.
A little silver crown and antique skeleton keys round out the display.


 The other raven wears a fun harlequin collar.


 The vintage mirror is lightly wrapped with white web while glittered spiders climb to the top.



 And Velvet Pumpkins add another little touch of elegance and texture.


Black and White Paper Butterflies and Spiders, too. 
These Velvet Pumpkins have real (dried) pumpkins stems. 

See Y'All Soon~


14 comments:

  1. Just lovely, Donna! You've given Halloween an elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      I know you love the black and white like I do. Thanks for your lovely note.

      Delete
  2. Donna, you always have the most exquisite decor...even for Halloween! Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shenita,
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet note.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful Halloween décor, Donna! My favorites are the mercury glass gourd and pumpkin.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sherry,
      Oh, I too love the Mercury glass! They add so much to this seasonal decorating.
      So nice to see you!

      Delete
  4. I just adore your Halloween décor, what you have done with your pumpkins is so beautiful with only a tad of creepy. Spiders are not my friend. The one and only bug I can't deal with, LOL. Love the mercury glass too, one of my favorite things!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia,
      Spiders scare me too! That is why it's so funny that I even have these at all. I don't think of them as "spiders" when I bring them out, I just pretend they are some little decorative object. But every year, I think the same thing....decorating with spiders??? LOL Thank you for coming by.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Halloween décor! I love what you did. I do hate a spider also they scare me silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly, Thank you for your lovely note. I know, those spiders, as long as they are not real!

      Delete
  6. The absolute classiest Halloween décor I've ever seen! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chrisy,
      Thanks for stopping by and enjoying a little Halloween with us.

      Delete
  7. Oh my so very chic - where did you get the mercury glass pieces? Love them!!!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leann,
    Thank you for your sweet note. I have 2 sets of 3 "silvered glass gourds" that I purchased mine in the last couple of years from Wisteria and I see that they do have them again this year. I know Pottery Barn had (or has) them, but they were less at Wisteria for each one by buying in a set instead of individually at PB.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna