Wednesday, December 10, 2014

~ Christmas Mantel 2014 - The Decorated House - White and Silver

The Decorated House ~ Christmas Mantel 2014 - White and Silver

How is your Christmas decoration coming along? Here is a quick peek at the mantel this year, and I'll post some more pictures when they are downloaded and ready.  I hope you are enjoying this part of Christmas ....  decorating, visiting and sharing your own.

After doing the mantel I remembered telling myself not to use fresh greens because it is such a mess to clean up afterwards. It was too late by then of course.  In this case I don't mind using the faux because I keep it and use it for many years,  and the snow capped greens on the mantel ledge are faux with some real added here and there. But around the frame, real look best right now.

I took fresh greens and wired them together to form a garland around the frame of the Madonna picture. It's such a beautiful painting isn't it? I printed it out on antique paper from the late 1800's which gives it a wonderful aged look.  Although I used the same picture last year, I changed the frame to add some aged gold to decorating this year. 

~ See Y'All Soon ~

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marty,
    Thanks for your sweet comment.
    It's so nice to see you; thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful - I must admit I still have crown envy!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy,
      I know I sent a note here already, but it seems to have disappeared!

      Thank you for your sweet note.
      Your crown turned out lovely!
      I even looked several times this year because I do get asked often about the crown, but still
      did not see any this year.
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Donna,
    Exquisite!!!
    I adore the presence of the print that the gold frame gives in this white and silver mantle!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pat,
      Yes, I am enjoying a little of that vintage gold look too.
      Thank you for coming by and leaving your lovely comment.
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna