Friday, May 25, 2007

~ Antique Hunting, Market at Mt Dora Pictures


So many things have changed in this market over the years, but somethings stay the same. Here is view of the outside buildings. There are plain metal sheds which are hot in the summer time, and then others have fixed them up so cute, while still others are set up as upscale stores with air conditioning.
One of those does a booming business of more expensive items. I think they stay on the outside because it is less rent and they have such a large area for their store. I saw a few things like those I bought at the Extravaganza marked up quite a bit in here.
And here is the Junk Man's area! I'm so happy that I took the time for a little look when I found that beautiful old cross. What a junk pile! This is about a fourth of it all.
This day was pretty empty so I could get a few good shots inside. Some of the people have been in the same spot for many years, but there is good turn over of those trying to make it and don't. The last few times we were there it was this empty, so I'm not sure if it is still bringing in the people like it used to. The Extravaganza times certainly are though.



Another good thing about the blog is that I take a camera with me to places like this! It fun having the pictures and I don't think I would ever have thought of taking it with me before.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, so many beautiful things there! Looks like it would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this certainly looks like a place I would love, and you were so thoughtful to share it with us! I like the "treasure hunt" more than having things laid out too neatly. I'm so glad that you took your camera with you so that we could treasure-hunt, too! It would only be more fun if I were really there...

    I hope that you have a great weekend,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I didn't even take pictures before my blog.
    I love all of your pictures. It looks like such fun.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a place I would thoroughly enjoy! I'm so glad you took the time to snap some photos.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to make a trip there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, what an incredible visit you had! I feel overwhelmed just looking at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...I would love to wander around there....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mount Dora and I love Renningers! Great pictures...makes me want to make a day trip up that way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, donna, back from the beach so checking in with you too! Mt. Dora sounds like so much fun, I know I would love it.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pictures and great triggers for my memory about Mt. Dora! I see so many treasures there! So fun! Thanks Donna for taking us with you!
    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, In years past, we visited Mt. Dora often. My sister married a man from there and we would go in the summers. Downtown was fun, the movies and all the older people playing shuffle board.....Haven't been there for several years now...thanks for the memories...Betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful place. I know about it but have never been. I know I would be in Heaven there!

    I am so glad you had fun.

    It IS fun taking pictures isn't it? I always have the camera and have gotten some shots I would never have if I had not begun a blog!

    Have a sweet week!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mt. Dora looks like a great place, thanks for sharing the pictures. I know what you mean about the camera, seems like everything I do now I look at as a potential picture for my blog. Blogging has become a much needed creative outlet for me since retiring.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna