Friday, November 2, 2007

~Decorating with the Colors of Autumn


This time of year I am reminded how much I love the colors of pumpkins and fall leaves. Thank you to all of you who have posted fall pictures!

Although orange is not on my favorites list at all, there are muted colors in pumpkins & leaves that are so beautiful to me and I just crave them more this time of year. Rust, muted reds, terracotta, deepest golds, burnt orange and a million variations.........yum!

I need to take the Boo Sign off the front door and turn the Jack-O-Lanterns around so they are just pumpkins again.

The entry table hopefully will get a new arrangement sometime today to greet Autumn instead of celebrating Halloween.

This picture is from a couple of years ago with my favorite pumpkin. Now what shall we put there this year? Time to go find all those Autumn colors. Don't you just love this time of year?

Wishing you all a most wonderful Friday & Weekend!

16 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I am happy to find your blog from Rhonda. She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful arrangement - love the feathers in it!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your floral arrangements are always just perfect, so I'm sure you'll come up with another creative one for that space. I love this one totally! Hey, I mentioned you today, so come on over. Don't look too closely at my corbel glazing, please. ;)

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna, you already know how much I love fall! I can't wait to see your new arrangement. The one pictured is perfection.

    My beautiful package arrived today. I love it!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    This arrangement is simply breathtaking! I just recently discovered pheasant feathers for sale at our local craft store and immediately thought of you. Such an elegant accent! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so creative...two-sided pumpkin...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this arrangement. It has a little bit of everything. How wonderfully creative. Your blog is beautiful too with lot of pretty things to look at. Always a pleasure to browse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, Your vignettes are always perfect, no matter the season. I always enjoy seeing your creative ideas, Have a great day, DebraK

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful arrangement...the flowers and other assorted goodies (feathers etc.) ROCK and that urn is incredible!

    Thanks for sharing.

    kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty arrangement!
    Have a great weekend,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, Donners, how many years have passed since you began your gorgeous wall paint techniques in yellows and ochres? Time flies...but the results are timeless! They're as lovely today as they were back then!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very lovely Fall display. Your husband is an absolutely amazing artist! I have really enjoyed my visit to your blog, and will be back often.
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this season of the year and decorating with touches of beautiful fall colors.

    Your entry table looks beautiful in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful arrangement to see when you first come inside! Your home is always so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate to take down the Boo sign I won from you. I love it!

    ~elaine~
    roz_etta@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your entry table is gorgeous! I don't think you need a new arrangement!

    Jacki

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna