Friday, November 23, 2012

~ Christmas Mantel 2009 White & Black with Silver & Lime Green

I'm looking back at some of the Christmas Decorating 
from the last few years. So I'm going to re-post
a few pictures. I hope you all enjoy them, too. 
I use so many of these same things each year and
it's always fun to see how they looked in previous years.  
------------------------------------- 
Christmas Mantel 2009
White & Silver
with a touch
of Black & Lime Green


There were no new purchases of ornaments and decorations this year. (Except for my oldest Nativity set got a few "new" pieces.) The only reason was that I had boxes and boxes of decorations that I didn't even use. This was after I gave boxes of things to Sweet Daughter. It amused her when she called and said that she was thinking of doing purple and red this year. Hey I've got a whole box of purple ( and another one of all red) goodies I told her! Of course you do was her answer. Her tree was beautiful and I loved seeing one in purple again.

I do not know exactly how this stuff accumulates!
It must multiple in the boxes stowed away from year to year. Hopefully it will be a total clean out after the Holdiays.



It will be quite a while before I get tired of the little lime green acorns. I've been using them for a few years now, and I still love the color they bring to the decorating. This is my favorite string of beads.



I would probably buy a few more of the large lime green acorns if I found them. Simply because 3 of them have broken, and they are so pretty! So you have seen most of the elements before. But I hope it is more simple this year though.

See Y'all Soon~
Click on any of the pictures below to shop art from The Decorated House 

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes simple is the way to go, Donna! I threw out a bunch of stuff last year, replenished a little bit from the dollar store this year, but need to get a few new things. I'll hit the sales after Christmas and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too get very attached to my decorations...I love that color green Donna, if I see any acorns at the sales after Xmas I will let you know....

    Thanks for the peek into your pretty house..

    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My om my! You had me at the first picture. You have dressed the house so beautifully this year. I love the femininity, and yet the simplicity of all the neutral embellishments. It is absolutley stunning, ,especially that mantle.
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the touch of the lime green...looks great with the silver and black. Something about that little pop of green that is so very pretty. I use this color quite often in my mostly white home when I feel a need for a little color!
    Merry Christmas,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've grown so fond of lime green in the past year and I love the use of it on your mantle. I think your home is beautifully decorated and it looks very peaceful ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, it's all beautiful, as I come to expect from you! Simple or not, it's gorgeous. I still love those lime green acorns too & will probably have to do a little after Christmas shopping for more lime green. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful blog you have, honey. Just found you, but how could I have missed you for so long? Hmmmm, I'm here now though. Just darling. Nice to meet you, Donna. Drop by and see my Christmas tree if you have a minute. I'm adding you to my Google Reader so I won't miss another post...
    Merry Christmas,
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, I love the mantels just beautiful The fireplace alone is gorgeous.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna!!
    It is beautiful to see these decorations! The beaded festoon and the green acorns are especially great...this year or any year! Thank you for leaving me messages for thinking about us, lovely lady!.

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna