Monday, March 11, 2013

~ Easter Decorating - The Decorated House 2012


It was hard to resist these reproduction vintage Easter decorations a few years ago. They are all delightful, but I have to say this one is a favorite. How can you resist

the added decoration of the bunny with his own little bunny friend by his side? I'm sure this was from Marshall's and although it was a few years ago that I found it, they most likely have some fun things this year as well. The bunny is sitting pretty on the living room mantel this year.


Everything is very simple, nothing too fussy. The entry table has a another pair of the vintage style bunnies sitting on an old silver tray with some reindeer moss and decorated blown glass eggs.


This is the same wrought iron table that I painted and added some faux rust to go along with the plant stand which had real rust so I added some white to it! The cement bird and and garden artichoke each have some dry brushing of old white and a latex white paint.

The cloche is dressed for Spring, little bird, moss and a beautiful found nest.


On the sofa the monogram pillow was changed out to a bunny silhouette one for Easter. The design is my own from some of my bunny art. This room is almost done but still has a few unfinished things left to get done. It is lighter now than it was with the golden yellows it had for a few years. Back to more whites, which it was for several years before the golden colors.


And a full view of that cute bunny on the mantel. He is joined by another cement garden ornament that has been aged and antiqued and then dry brushed with some white, and sits atop an old silver piece accented with some more reindeer moss. Yes, the moss is a favorite element inside and out.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter season.
See Y'All Soon~






20 comments:

  1. I love Easter and all of the decorating that goes along with it ~ so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna- Those are just darling displays. I love the vintage looking ones and your cloche is gorgeous. Happy Easter to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Donna. Always love seeing your wonderful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Donna! You know I love me some bunnies! And MOSS!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunny and friend are so adorable. Thank you for sharing, I am so glad to meet you. I am so excited to find and follow new special places. I will follow on my way out because I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you. I hope you will find some time to come visit me soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the bunnies are adorable! I like the moss with them too. You always make things beautiful and interesting!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter Donna, your room looks lovely !!!!

    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna,
    I adore your white bunny on the mantle...I think it's the ruffle around his neck that draws my eye to him!All your rabbits are adorable!
    Happy Easter, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You! for stopping by sweet ladies. Wishing you a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, Loved visiting and looking today. Everything is so pretty and your pictures are stunning! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your decorations, Donna. That bunny with his bunny is just too cute! Love your cloche, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your decorations as well! I love bunnies and yours are adorable :)
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your decorations... and I love all your blog. I'm a new follower.
    Sweet Easter
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna these pictures are so lovely and elegant. You are amazing. This is such a wonderful post! I would love it if you would share this at our WIW linky party. Hope to see you there.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I totally adore all of your decor. The bunnies and the fabulous eggs are wonderful on the console and I drool over that mirror. Of course you knew that I would love the cloche. So pretty. Everything is done with such a beautiful and elegant touch. Happy Easter. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for coming to the Easter Party, Donna! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Decorated House looks spectacular, Donna!

    Happy, Wonderful Easter!!

    xox
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great decorations, love the bunnies and that cloche is just gorgeous!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Art of Display is so outstanding and your home is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the room has to share...great decorations...love the colors really shouts out Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna