Thursday, January 15, 2009

~ Thankful Thursday

Do you ever wonder where in the world other people store and keep things in their homes? For me I want to know about kitchen goodies. If you put away all the good things you need, and want to eat everyday, you wind up forgetting you have them.

Of course most fruits have to stay out in the open, so that's a challenge. And then there are all those nuts and dried fruits and yummy things. When you buy nuts and things like that in bulk, they get put away under the counter. Then we realize we are not eating them, so they get pulled out and sometimes left out. The other day I walked in and realized we had about so many different things on the counter! All I wanted was a simple solution. Somehow to keep them within sight so we ate them, but not so they took up space or were just a bunch of clutter.

I set out to find simple, small glass jars that would seal tight. What luck that I found them the first trip out. I love these small jars that can sit out with being too cluttered or taking up much room. They were at Ross in case anyone else needs some.

http://thedecoratedhouse.blogspot.com/2009/01/thankful-thursday.htmlPistachios, Almonds, Cashews, Dried Papaya, Dark Chocolate Almonds, Dried Ginger, 
Carob Energy Treats, Chia, Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds
Cashews, Hemp, for a few ideas. Doggie Treats are on another shelf. 

I know it's a very, very small thing. But I'm really grateful to have the space back on my counters and still be able to remember to enjoy the treats! A part of this new year for me is to try really hard to look for the smallest of things that I should be thankful for. The big things are so easy aren't they?

I love hearing back from you all when a holiday comes up and you are decorating with something that you purchased in my shop, or sometimes it's an everyday piece. Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

The French Chair collection is in pink and Tiffany blue colors. I think the simple black chair, with fleur de lis and a brownish gold frame is in the shop, too. I'll have to check because I know it's done.

7 comments:

  1. I love the jars they look great. I'm always buying jars to put stuff in all around the house. I have buttons in jars all over, Qtips and cotton balls in the bathroom and like you nuts, holiday candies and what ever else needs a home. I don't have a lot of counter space so this kind of storage keeps down on the clutter.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to store nuts..wow..truly lovely even for a nut!
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased several glass jars with black lids, at Pier One, for the condo kitchen. I'm using them for the usual things like tea, coffee, etc. They are the small ones. I had to shop a couple of Pier One's to get the number I need. I brought them all here and found I needed two more...so Terrie, helped me out on her lunch hour the other day. She'll bring them when they drive down to the lake today. I love the storage and I like the way they look, lined up all along the counter.

    I like yours and would not have thought of storing nuts and fruit in them..great idea!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, those are perfect little storage jars & look great in your kitchen. I need to declutter my counters some this year. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    You have a treat jar for the pup too, I'm sure???? Probably bigger than these... LOL
    MimiG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, they look great but I can tell you that the jar holding the M & M's would not be needed for very long...lol

    See you next week.

    Have a great week-end,
    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of Thankful Thursday! Thank you for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna