Monday, June 18, 2007

~ Monday ~ Corners a Little Path Out Back

Paths in the garden always attract my attention, especially when you can't quite see where they are going. The area by the fence gets lots of shade, now anyway. It was all full sun years ago, but I kept adding things to finally get some shade. Perfect for some of those very tropicals that like shady. I just moved the hydrangeas over here too, and I think they will like it much better. This is kind of a secret garden area. Very lush and tropical but you can't quite see it unless you go over this little path to the longer one. I'll take a picture of it and show you.
The tree with the pothos growing up it was here and one of the Australian tree ferns, and the varigated Snow Queen hibiscus. I love the plant and the name. We just added the soil and planted almost everything else.
Sweet husband is back to work, but sweet daughter is taking the day off so we are going shopping. First time in a while since she works so much.
Hope you all have a great day. See you later!
Donna

17 comments:

  1. Love the secret garden area. As you know I love gardens.
    Have a wonderful shopping day with you daughter!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That path is so cute!! And the shopping sounds even better! Enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love those big ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love those big ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spot.....My Australian tree fern got frozen when I forgot to throw a blanket over it....hope you are having a wonderful shopping day with your daughter......Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those huge ferns! A secret garden is always a treasure...where will the path lead...??
    You have done such a lovely job in creating a true oasis!

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, "everything else" was alot to plant! It all looks so lush and healthy. I'm sure your shopping trip with your daughter was loads of fun!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do such lovely decorating, both inside and out.

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Donna! I always love looking at everything in your garden. What a sweet area. Hope you and DD had a fun shopping day.

    RHoda

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and I are so much alike. I love garden paths, and "hidden areas", too. My mother had a landscaped architect come to her garden club when I was little, and as part of his presentation, he redesigned my parents' yard. He included a pathway that was partially hidden by boxwood hedges. That was always my favorite place to play, and I'm still fascinated with the prospect of places unseen today.

    Your garden is so beautiful, and I'm enjoying seeing it develop, too!

    Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh...that should say "landscape architect". I need a nap... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your graden is just beautiful! I came across your blog while visiting Sophie Honeysuckle's English Decor, and have enjoyed reading your past posts. Your blog is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden really is magical - so pretty, Donna! Hope you and your dear daughter had a wonderful shopping day!
    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what lovely photos you have! I jumped over from Back Porch Musings. I was responding to her post on Door County, which is my annual Summer vacation spot too, so I had to post some pictures. Anyway, you have such a wonderful garden and I LOVE your front porch! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donna,
    I just love your style. Your secret garden has you written all over it, so beautiful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your yard always looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna