Monday, December 15, 2014

~ Oh ... Christmas Tree ~ The Decorated House 2014


The Decorated House :: White and Silver Christmas Tree with Black Accents

For the last few years I've wondered if I can do without the big Christmas tree. You know, maybe a small one on a table so something like that. I've watch how the Christmas tree trimming story played out with the older women in my neighborhood as their kids grew up, or even the grandkids grew up .... and maybe even some moved away. I think by the time I met them only one still had a larger, real Christmas tree that her daughter used to pull in the house on Christmas eve.  Another lady would still put a small artificial tree on a table in her front window and red bows on her outdoor lights, even though she lived alone.  I miss her, and that silly little tree and the red bows.

The Decorated House :: Christmas White and Silver with Black and Green Accents

For this year, there is still a big tree in the living room. Right where it has been for the last 30 years. I like to think my little family would miss seeing one there, but I'll most likely rethink the whole thing once the needles start falling, or I am wrangling the lights off the tree. Sometimes I forget to just let that be a part of the fun as well. 

But I never forget to enjoy the dance of the lights in the evening when all is quiet after a long or busy day. Somehow it brings you back to a peaceful moment and makes it seem worth the work it takes to put it all together. 

The Decorated House - White Christmas with Black and Silver

I hope your Christmas Season is going well and that you are creating beauty and joy all around you. 
~ See Y'All Soon ~

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tree, Donna! You have done a fabulous job with your holiday decor! Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Day Shenita,
    How nice to see you. Thanks for you lovely note.
    Merry Christmas to You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Terry,
    Thank you for coming by to share a little Christmas with me.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    I, like you, dear friend hope that I never tire of decorating the Tree for Christmas!!!
    I adore sitting with morning coffee before "Mr. Ed" awakens watching the lights dance on the Tree.
    AND. . .I, totally, agree with your statement, "Somehow it brings you back to a peaceful moment and makes it seem worth the work it takes to put it all together." Indeed, it does!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pat,
    It is always so nice to see you when you stop by and leave such a kind note.
    Now I see that the early morning time would be another great time to see the play of lights.
    Thank you for your wonderful comment.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna